745 Main Street, P.O. Box 69, Room 306
Niagara Falls, NY 14302
Telephone: (716) 286-4450
Fax Number: (716) 286-4454
Hours: Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Including Noon Hour
PLEASE NOTE: We now accept credit and debit card payments
Code Enforcement Staff
|Name & Email||Title||Telephone|
|Louis Fontana||Acting Building Commissioner||286-4492|
|George Amendola||Chief Plumbing Inspector||286-4452|
|Michael Lopez||Chief Plumbing Inspector||286-4452|
|Eric Palmer||Chief Electrical Inspector||286-4458|
|Patrick Ciccarelli||Chief Code Enforcement\Sign & Zoning||286-4387|
|Joseph Chick||Code Enforcement Officer||286-4459|
|Joseph Gervasi||Code Enforcement Officer||286-4324|
|Robert Stanley||Code Enforcement Officer||286-4364|
|Julie Kunecki||Administrative Assistant||286-4450|
|Raymond Dashineau||Code Enforcement Officer / Property Owner Registrant||286-4464|
As a Code Enforcement Department, our primary objective and duty is to protect the public safety through the enforcement of the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code together with all local codes and ordinances.
It is our duty and responsibility to assist the residents of the municipality in their efforts to comply with all codes and ordinances pursuant to the following: new construction residential remodeling and additions.
The Code Enforcement Department shall assist persons interested in commercial and/or industrial development. This Department shall address new construction, additions, and renovation of commercial/industrial parcels.
The Code Enforcement Department considers it our duty and responsibility to assist all persons in their efforts to comply with building codes and local statutes in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issuance of building, sign, plumbing and electrical permits.
- Review of plot plans and surveys pursuant to zoning compliance.
- Response to complaints.
- Assist applicants with regard to Zoning Board of Appeals review.
- Building plan review for new construction, additions, and remodeling.
- Issuance of Certificates of Compliance, Occupancy and Capacity.
- Issuance of zoning compliance letters and related correspondence.
- Registration of home improvement, electrical, plumbing and mechanical contractors.
- Landlord Rental & Property Owner Registration.
- The Code Enforcement Department welcomes your call should there be questions.
The most frequently asked question of the Code Enforcement Department:
Question: When is a building permit required?
Response: A building permit is required in most instances for all work exclusive of painting and general cosmetic improvements. Additionally, in your best interests you are advised to contact the Code Enforcement Department should you be contemplating improvements to your building/structure.
- Electrical Test Application
- Certification Form - Demolish
- Certification Form - Roofing or Siding
- Demolition Permit Procedure
- Demolition Contractor Requirements
- Demolition Contractor Application
- Fence Requirements
- Application for Home Improvement Registration Certificate
- Home Improvement Contractor Application Requirements
- New Home Construction Requirements for Building Permit
- Residential Requirements for Additions
- Landlord Rental and Property Owner RegistrationLandlord Renewal Notice
- Insurance Requirements
- Permit Fee Schedule
- Procedure for Property Resubdivision
- Swimming Pool Requirements
- Plumbing Permit
- Electrical Permit
- Fire Alarm Permit
- Mechanical Permit
- Fax Permit Form