Call for job listings: 716-286-4430
Civil Service Employment Opportunities in Niagara Falls
The City of Niagara Falls Civil Service Department administers examinations to fill competitive-class positions in the City of Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls Public Library, Niagara Falls City School District, Niagara Falls Housing Authority, and the Niagara Falls Water Board.
- Each exam has specific minimum qualifications and residency requirements that must be met in order to take the exam.
- As the exam fee is non-refundable, you are urged to file only for those exams for which you are clearly qualified.
- THE CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS DOES NOT MAINTAIN A FILE OF TRANSCRIPTS OR SPECIAL LICENSES. THEREFORE, IF A DEGREE OR SPECIAL LICENSE IS REQUIRED, IT MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION.
- There is an application deadline for these exams.
- Applications must be filed in person or by mail at\to Niagara Falls City Hall, 745 Main Street, Human Resource Department – Room 14, Niagara Falls, NY by the date given on the exam announcement.
- Applications submitted by mail must be date and time stamped at your local post office, as that could be the factor used in determining ranking on a list in the case of a tie score.
Meetings Schedule 2023
CIVIL SERVICE MEETINGS 2023
- January 19, 2023
- February 16, 2023
- March 16, 2023
- April 20, 2023
- May 18, 2023
- June 15, 2023
- July 20, 2023
- September 21, 2023
- October 19, 2023
- November 16, 2023
- December 21, 2023
**All agenda items must be sent to Karen Abramaitys, no later than the Friday before each scheduled meeting
**If you have an agenda item on the calendar, you must attend that meeting. If your item is Tabled, you must be present at the following meeting
**Employees cannot use City time to attend meetings
**All public meetings will be held at 2 PM in the Human Resources Conference Room
**Topics not listed on the agenda will be at the discretion of the Civil Service Commissioners
** Previous Meeting Minutes, can be found in the Human Resources Dept2023 Meetings Dates and Guidelines