Call for job listings: 716-286-4430
Civil Service Employment Opportunities in Niagara Falls
The City of Niagara Falls Civil Service Department administers examinations to fill competitive-class positions in the City of Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls Public Library, Niagara Falls City School District, Niagara Falls Housing Authority, and the Niagara Falls Water Board.
- Each exam has specific minimum qualifications and residency requirements that must be met in order to take the exam.
- As the exam fee is non-refundable, you are urged to file only for those exams for which you are clearly qualified.
- THE CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS DOES NOT MAINTAIN A FILE OF TRANSCRIPTS OR SPECIAL LICENSES. THEREFORE, IF A DEGREE OR SPECIAL LICENSE IS REQUIRED, IT MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION.
- There is an application deadline for these exams.
- Applications must be filed in person or by mail at\to Niagara Falls City Hall, 745 Main Street, Human Resource Department – Room 14, Niagara Falls, NY by the date given on the exam announcement.
- Applications submitted by mail must be date and time stamped at your local post office, as that could be the factor used in determining ranking on a list in the case of a tie score.
Civil Service exams open to the public.
Civil Service exams for Employees Only.
New Law Regarding Military Personnel Who Missed Filing For Or Taking An Exam Due To Qualifying Military Duty
Civil Service Meeting at 2:00 PM, in City Hall, Room 14 – October 20, 2022
Civil Service Meeting at 2:00 PM, in City Hall, Room 14 – November 17, 2022
Civil Service Meeting at 2:00 PM, in City Hall, Room 14 – December 15, 20222023 Meetings Dates and Guidelines