The Mission: Build it Better
The City Engineer oversees the preparation of plans and specifications for the Transportation Capital Improvement Projects, Public Works maintenance projects and all other improvement projects necessary for the safe, efficient and economical operation of the Public.
City Hall, Room 303
Phone: 716-286-4410 FAX: 716-286-4348 Email: CNF.Engineering@niagarafallsny.gov
Robert T. Buzzelli, Civil Engineer III
Mark Abramaitys, Civil Engineer
Paul LoCurto, Engineering Aide
Gerald Panza, Construction Inspector
Raymond Dashineau, Construction Inspector
Victoria Gemuend, Administrative Assistant
Kimberly Carter, Principal Clerk
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
8:00AM TO 12:00 NOON & 1:00 PM TO 4:00 PM
The City of Niagara Falls Engineering Department is dedicated to providing professional, well-organized, and cost effective municipal engineering services to the citizens of Niagara Falls, as well as other Departments of the City. Our efforts are focused on providing a high level of expertise for designing/planning, advising, administering, and overseeing all public works improvements and right of ways. Our goal is to provide these services within the project budget and timeframe required while protecting the public health, safety, and welfare of the Citizens of Niagara Falls.
The Engineering Department is responsible for providing mapping, design services, project management, and construction contract administration for municipal public works projects. These project activities include improvements to 219 miles of roadways and bridges, support and design of sanitary and storm sewers, storm water management and support, support and design of water distribution lines and other civil engineering projects funded in the City’s Capital Improvement Program, as well as any engineering work needed for other city departments. This is accomplished through design control, construction administration, regulation and enforcement; and construction. Ultimately, the ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT is established to manage the City’s right-of-way and public areas in a manner that ensures safe passage of pedestrians and vehicles as they travel through the City.
Engineering Department’s Goals
- Provide the best public facilities at the lowest possible cost.
- Construct public facilities that are practical, safe, convenient and attractive.
- Minimize degradation of the environment through diligent enforcement of regulations.
- To plan, develop, bid and manage the construction of the Transportation Capital Improvement Program, Local Road and Street funds and other funding sources.
- Prepare and update project status program that lists projects in progress, completed, and future.
- Provide technical assistance to the Mayor, Department of Public Works and City Council in selecting Capital Improvement Projects.
Objective 1 – Furnish bidding and administration services for capital projects to obligate 90% of all programmed work prior to beginning of fourth quarter of fiscal year.
* Report deviations on all City capital projects quarterly to City Administrator and affected department heads.
* Use contract services for preparation of design documents, as necessary.
* Obtain list of capital projects to be proposed for other departments by beginning of fiscal year.
Objective 2 – Provide in-house design projects as assigned.
Objective 3 – Inspect for compliance with site plan and design requests. RIGHT-OF-WAY PERMITTING SIDEWALK REPAIRS PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS These projects begin with the Engineering Department’s survey and design services that lend to the preparation of contract documents for the procurement of construction contractors. While the project is underway, Construction Inspectors supervise the project to completion. Engineering also coordinates the funding of projects with Community Development, (Federal funds), New York State Department of Transportation (State funds) and acts as an alternate representative of the Greater Buffalo Niagara Regional Transportation Committee. Additionally, the Engineering Department coordinates efforts with the Niagara Falls Water Board in surveying, designing and bidding contracts to service water main and sewer replacements and repairs.
– 2022 Projects Forthcoming –