Police Department Suggestion Box
Unit Phone Number: 716.286.4557
The Niagara Falls Police have a substation located at 2616 Highland Avenue manned by Officer Dan Bird. The Niagara Falls Police Department, with the help of the Niagara Falls Community has been making a dynamic impact in the area. Below is a list of accomplishments.
- Numerous Drug arrests
- Investigate narcotic search warrants
- Presence at Niagara Falls High School Sporting Events
- Attend block club and civic Police Academy
- Implement a Citizen Police Academy
- Implement a Youth Police Academy
The NFPD is available for Gang Presentations to any organization interested in having one. Citizens Engagement Initiative has allowed officers to devote more time to community policing and patrol efforts.
Citizens Engagement Initiative
“The city of Niagara Fails has made significant neighborhood improvements through the Weed and Seed program. To keep the momentum going, I wholeheartedly endorse the NFPD Citizens Engagement initiative and ask that the residents embrace this program and participate to their fullest extent.” ~ Former Superintendent John Chella
Overview of Initiative
The Niagara Falls Police Department Citizens Engagement Initiative is a newly created residentdriven community policing initiative that focuses on improving the quality of life of all residents while strengthening community-police relations within the city of Niagara Falls. The city-wide initiative has replaced the former Niagara Falls Weed and Seed Program.
- To create and implement a community policing strategy that will increase community interaction and support to improve residents’ participation in and satisfaction with police services.
- To improve the safety and quality of life of residents throughout the city of Niagara Falls, connecting them to neighborhood police substations that will provide communitybased resources and linkages.
- To engage youth in a community policing mentorship program that will improve the relationship between youth and police officers.