UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY
- Whirlpool Street between Cedar and Cleveland will be closed to automobile traffic in the next two weeks. Please follow posted detours.
- While work utility work is ongoing on Third Street north of Main, the Third Street business district between Niagara and Main Street remains open.
- The Whirlpool Rapids Bridge and the Niagara Falls, NY NEXUS enrollment center have reopened.
UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY APRIL 1st to MAY 5th 2019
- The Whirlpool Rapids Bridge and the Niagara Falls, NY NEXUS Enrollment Center will be out of service from April 1st to May 5th 2019 to accommodate the ongoing demolition of the Robert Moses Parkway overpass.
- No traffic (vehicles or pedestrians) will be allowed through Whirlpool between Cleveland and Chestnut Street at all due to safety concerns. The crane will be lifting sections of the old bridge, creating hazardous conditions for travelers.
- Storm and waterline installation work is continuing at the south end of the project limits. Please follow posted detours.
UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY NORTH CONSTRUCTION FEBRUARY 2019
- Whirlpool Street between Cleveland and Chestnut Street will be closed for demolition work until further notice. No through traffic will be allowed, although local traffic will be permitted. Please follow posted detours.
- Storm sewer and waterline installation work will be continuing north up Third Street from Walnut Street.
UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY NORTH CONSTRUCTION DECEMBER 2018
- Installation of sanitary manholes and pipes will begin in late December 2018 on the west side of Walnut Avenue heading towards Third Street. Installation work will then turn north and continue up Third Street to Pine Avenue.
- Storm sewer and waterline work will follow in early January 2019.
NOTE: For Any questions regarding construction should be directed to the NYSDOT Engineer-In-Charge: Lisa Bevilacqua, P.E. Her contact information is as follows:
Project NYSDOT Field Office
3857 Hyde Park Blvd.
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
There was a public meeting scheduled on Tuesday evening, November 27th at 6:00PM at the NF Train Station, 825 Depot Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY which provided residents with an opportunity to have any questions answered about construction and detours.