June 26th Press Conference – 2020 Summer Youth Services Programming and Niagara Falls Social Justice Commission Announcements
Niagara Falls Social Justice Commission
The Niagara Falls Social Justice Commission will address inequality across a variety of platforms in the community. The task of the commission is to break out in the various committees to examine ways for our community to address inequality in various areas. The results may involve local action–or may require state or federal action. Whatever the case may be, the commission will present a blueprint or roadmap for how these items may be addressed. The commission will meet during the months of July and August.
The five principal areas the commission will address include: law enforcement, health care, education, housing, and employment.
Listed below is a list of commissioners who will be serving on the various committees:
- Rev. Craig Pridgen – President of NF Ministerial Council
- Anthony Restaino – City of Niagara Falls City Administrator
- Dr. LaVonne Ansari – Chief Executive Officer of Community Health Center
- Joseph Ruffalo – President and Chief Executive Officer of NFMMC
- Fr. James Maher – President of Niagara University
- Mark Laurrie – Superintendent of NF School District
- Robyn Krueger – President and Chief Executive Officer of Community Missions
- Clifford Scott – Executive Director of the NF Housing Authority
- Bishop Jesse Scott – President of Niagara Organizing Alliance for Hope
- Dr. Rolanda Ward – Faculty Director of Niagara University’s OSTAPENKO Center for Race, Equality and Mission
The Niagara Falls Social Justice Commission was created—and overseen by Mayor Robert Restaino.