Equal Employment Opportunity Office for Compliance and Workforce Diversity
745 Main Street, Room 16, Niagara Falls, NY 14302
Ruby A. Pulliam, MA
The City of Niagara Falls recognizes the right of all persons to equal employment opportunities and a workplace environment free from discrimination, harassment and retaliation. It is the City’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, military status, or domestic violence victim status. Equal employment opportunity exists when decisions, practices and procedures relating to the workplace are made in a way that provides everyone with a chance to succeed. This includes decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, terminations and other terms and conditions of employment.
The EEO Office has primary responsibility for administering and enforcing the City’s EEO Policy in coordination with Department of Human Resources, Corporation Counsel staff, the Niagara Falls Human Rights Commission and City department heads. Specifically,
- Investigating and resolving employee complaints of discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation;
- Devising plans to further workplace diversity and equal employment opportunities;
- Creating and implementing outreach, training and development programs for the workforce regarding EEO and fair employment practices;
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws and the City’s discrimination and harassment policy and complaint procedures.
- Maintaining and analyzing statistical data on the composition of the City’s workforce and the region’s labor markets
(Forms may be downloaded or obtained from EEO Office)
- For Supervisors/Managers:
- For Employees:
Activities and Events
Equal Employment is the Law