We just received word from Modern that the garbage collection make-up date previously scheduled for Saturday will no longer take place. Instead, those residents with regularly scheduled pickup on Wednesdays will have garbage collection this Wednesday, February 6 and those regularly scheduled on Thursdays will now take place this Thursday, February 7. Additional items placed on the side of the road due to missed collection will be accommodated. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Archive for the ‘News’ Category
UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY – November 2019
- Findlay Drive has been reopened along with the reconstructed portion of the Niagara Scenic Parkway (North of Findlay) and the Rte. 104 / Devils Hole / NSP Detour has been removed.
- Whirlpool Street from Cleveland Avenue north to Findlay Drive is now closed (Local Traffic Only) to accommodate utility installation.
- The section of Whirlpool Street from Cedar Avenue to Cleveland Avenue is scheduled to be paved beginning the first week of November, weather permitting.
- Tree planting, topsoil and restoration on Third Street / Whirlpool Street from Main Street progressing northward will continue as long as the weather permits.
- The Pedestrian/Bicycle detour from Second Street to Chasm Avenue along Main Street remains in place.
- Pathway for pedestrian access will be maintained on the existing Niagara Scenic Parkway southbound lane that has been regraded and compacted to provide a traversable surface from the south abutment to the Discovery Center.
UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY – August 2019
- Whirlpool Street reconstruction is continuing north of Cedar Avenue. “Local Traffic Only” signs will be enforced on any street that they appear. Whirlpool Remains closed to all traffic between Cedar and Cleveland and this will be enforced.
- Findlay Drive has been partially closed to traffic. Findlay Drive is completely closed to all traffic. A posted detour is in place for northbound parkway traffic up Lewiston Road to Devil’s Hole State park where they can get on the parkway there. Southbound parkway traffic is diverted from the NSP over the grass median to the old southbound lands where they exit off the old slip ramp to Whirlpool Street near Park’s maintenance building.
- The Great Gorge Railway trailhead has been reopened following completion of the demolition at the Robert Moses Parkway Whirlpool Bridge flyover. The piece of Whirlpool Street on the west side of the Aquarium, between Walnut and Third, is now closed to thru traffic and is only open for the Aquarium parking lot and the employee’s parking lot.
PREVIOUS and OLDER UPDATES:
ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY
- Whirlpool Street between Cedar and Cleveland will be closed to automobile traffic in the next two weeks. Please follow posted detours.
- While work utility work is ongoing on Third Street north of Main, the Third Street business district between Niagara and Main Street remains open.
- The Whirlpool Rapids Bridge and the Niagara Falls, NY NEXUS enrollment center have reopened.
UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY APRIL 1st to MAY 5th 2019
- The Whirlpool Rapids Bridge and the Niagara Falls, NY NEXUS Enrollment Center will be out of service from April 1st to May 5th 2019 to accommodate the ongoing demolition of the Robert Moses Parkway overpass.
- No traffic (vehicles or pedestrians) will be allowed through Whirlpool between Cleveland and Chestnut Street at all due to safety concerns. The crane will be lifting sections of the old bridge, creating hazardous conditions for travelers.
- Storm and waterline installation work is continuing at the south end of the project limits. Please follow posted detours.
UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY NORTH CONSTRUCTION FEBRUARY 2019
- Whirlpool Street between Cleveland and Chestnut Street will be closed for demolition work until further notice. No through traffic will be allowed, although local traffic will be permitted. Please follow posted detours.
- Storm sewer and waterline installation work will be continuing north up Third Street from Walnut Street.
UPDATE: ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY NORTH CONSTRUCTION DECEMBER 2018
- Installation of sanitary manholes and pipes will begin in late December 2018 on the west side of Walnut Avenue heading towards Third Street. Installation work will then turn north and continue up Third Street to Pine Avenue.
- Storm sewer and waterline work will follow in early January 2019.
NOTE: For Any questions regarding construction should be directed to the NYSDOT Engineer-In-Charge: Lisa Bevilacqua, P.E. Her contact information is as follows:
Project NYSDOT Field Office
3857 Hyde Park Blvd.
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
There was a public meeting scheduled on Tuesday evening, November 27th at 6:00PM at the NF Train Station, 825 Depot Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY which provided residents with an opportunity to have any questions answered about construction and detours.